By, Katy Cable-A 4 min. Lifesaving Read
“It’s Cancer!” Hearing those dreaded two words can feel like a kick in the gut and would make most of us to go into a fear-induced coma. During October, it’s hard NOT to think about cancer. The month has gone has gone from pumpkins, ghosts and Halloween decor to PINK! In honor of breast cancer awareness, we’re dressing, running, walking, playing sports and purchasing pink with ribbons. And, while all this support and enthusiasm towards the fight is great, the bad news is, this horrific epidemic has also taken our pets hostage at alarming rates.
It’s bad enough when the “C-word” strikes a human, but when your dog receives that dreaded diagnosis, there’s a whole new set of challenges? You may be thinking, “Can I afford treatment?” “What will their quality of life be?” “What level of care will be required?” And of course...”How long do they have?”
Many people view a dog or cat as a measly pet, but for other “crazy, obsessed, pet parents” like myself, this is a beloved family member who holds the key to your heart in the palm of their precious paw. And while we want to do the best for our four-legged babies, when it comes to cancer the options for support, community and treatments can also be far more limited and difficult to find.
Last year, I wrote an eye-opening, exciting (and popular) blog: “Is The Cure For Cancer In Your Dog’s Bowl” It showed how a simple, inexpensive “Ketogenic” diet was reversing deadly aggressive cancers in dogs.
A year later, I’m back with more exciting news! Popular dog vlogger, Rodney Habib and Dr. Karen Becker, the world’s most followed integrated veterinarian, have unveiled “THE CANINE CANCER SURVIVOR SERIES” which is a must-see for any pet owner.
I had the opportunity to catch up with Habib and Dr Becker at the Super Zoo pet expo in Las Vegas this past June and discuss their amazing new project. Together, they spent the last two years traveling the globe meeting with over 50 leading cancer researchers, oncologists, and veterinarians and their findings are astounding!
Their documentary is broken down into 6 different segments filled with innovative insights and practical tools that can be implemented immediately. This series will provide pet parents with answers, inspiration and HOPE if their pet is fighting cancer.
This series also provides a wonderful opportunity for ALL pet parents to take healthy, proactive steps in an effort to prevent cancer and other metabolic diseases in their pets. Unlike most medical research, Dr. Becker and Habib present facts, research, tools and information in a fun, simple manner that ANY pet parent can understand and follow. It’s anything but a dry, depressing medical video.
As an added bonus, viewers have the opportunity to join the exclusive community where they can chat with other pet parents, as well as Habib and Dr. Becker themselves. Up-to-the-minute advances, stories and issues are addressed in real time and not only is this a wonderful support system, the healing is nothing short of miraculous!
If you’re in the throws of this fight with your pup, in addition to purchasing and watching this series, here are a few lifesaving things to do NOW:
1. First of all, YOU must prepare! -Emotionally! This isn’t the time to enter a complete state of hysteria and despair. You must stay strong, positive, hopeful and be your dog’s advocate. It will only make matters worse and add stress to their immune system if you’re falling apart. Get your support team in order. Reach out for help! This is not the time to cower and hide but lean in and FIGHT! Cancer can be beat! Healing can happen even with the most deadly aggressive forms. The resources and tips here could very well save your pets life.
2. Make your environment as clean as possible. Remove toxins, pollutants, smoke, and other chemical hazards. Don’t add more stress to an already compromised immune system. Toss pesticides, toxic fertilizers, cleaning products, shampoos and FOODS and go as natural and organic as possible. There’s an entire episode devoted to cleaning up your pet’s environment and hidden environmental toxins.
3. Start exercising your pet! This isn’t the time to let your “sick” dog flop around in their doggie bed sleeping all day. GET THEM MOVING! The electric voltage in a healthy cell is critical for recovery. You get that by upping your pet’s metabolism through movement and exercise. Even slower, older dogs can benefit from fresh air and exercise. Not only will this strengthen their body and keep muscles from atrophying, it will help fight depression. If your pet is older, badly out of shape or in chronic pain, CDB* (I use Treatibles which is verified for purity and potency ) can dramatically help with pain relief and appetite without any ill side effects.
4. Start feeding your pet a Ketogenic diet. This simple diet has become one of the leading tools in the fight against cancer. (Click on the link above and read my blog then message me if you’d like a free copy of the diet.) Cancer lives on glucose. This diet basically starves cancer cells and heals the body by drastically limiting carbs and putting the body into a state of ketosis. This is also discussed at length in the series.
5. Discuss medical procedures and treatments with your vet. Many cancers can be surgically removed and treated with chemotherapy. These procedures can be lifesaving and often necessary. When combined with the other natural options, the success rate can be even higher and chances of re-occurrence much much less. Ask about using hyperbaric oxygen therapy which naturally increases pure oxygen to all the body’s cells. Cancer tumors can’t thrive in environments with high oxygen levels. Pure oxygen also promotes healing and rejuvenates all cells in the body. Another innovative solution without any harsh side effects is biomodulation therapy. Electro stimulation delivers pulsed electromagnet currents into the body which greatly increases the body’s healing process. It also provides quick pain relief. Pets gravitate to this relaxing sensation and it’s extremely cost effective.
I am always saddened to hear of your pet’s health problems and cancer is particularly scary. It is my wish that one day soon cancer is completely eradicated. Until then, I hope this blog has given you some exciting new options to investigate. Please keep me posted! -Pugs and kisses!
follow the conversation on Facebook at:
DOG CANCER SERIES
Ketogenic dog group
Order Dog Cancer Series:
*I use Treatibles CBD which is verified for potency and purity. Click the link for info. Use: WEEKLY RUNT code for 10% off at check out) https://treatibles.com/
🐾Katy Cable is a former actress appearing in “Back To The Future” and starring in the TV series: “Safe At Home” & “ Fired Up!” In addition to her dog health & lifestyle blog/vlog: The Weekly Runt, (https://www.weeklyrunt.com/) she’s a contributing writer to numerous publications including Thrive Global, & The Huffington Post. Cable lives at the beach with her husband, Rick and her rescue Pug, Olive.🐾