By, Katy Cable/TWR/A 3 min. HIGH!
Did you know 4-20 is NATIONAL WEED DAY? Before you brush me off as a “pot-head”read on and discover how both YOU and YOUR pup can participate AND 5 amazing health benefits you’ll enjoy!
When I hear buzz words like “HEMP”, “MARIJUANA”, “CANNABIS”, “WEED” and “GRASS” the first thing that comes to mind is getting “high” and I get scared. I would never want to turn my little pugs into "stoners" and have these CBD's become the new “gateway" drugs for further excessive sleeping, binge snacking followed by opiate and heroin addiction. I was extremely reluctant and apprehensive about using them.
That probably puts the fear of God into you about ever giving your pet CBD’s, but the CBD’s I’m referring to are NON-PSYCHOACTIVE meaning they contain NO THC. They are 100% non-toxic and safe. So, you get all the relaxation without the intoxication. Many Holistic/Integrated vets have been using CBD’s for years and now they’re becoming mainstream, health-boosting, miracle workers. And it’s not just for your pets. CBD’s can be a tremendous help for humans. In particular those suffering from panic disorders, PTSD, and anxiety. Best of all there are NO HARMFUL SIDE EFFECTS.
HOW CBD’s CAN HELP YOU & YOUR DOG!
1. CBD Has Been Extensively Studied For Its Amazing Effect on Stress, Anxiety And Noise Phobias
I couldn’t believe how great it worked with dogs that typically go off the charts ballistic on the 4th of July. After CBD, they remained calm and content. It also worked miracles on Olive. Although she has no issues with the 4th of July, car and airline travel were another story. These caused such extreme stress and anxiety she would vomit, drool and shake even after trying nearly every anti-anxiety drug and natural supplement. Now after taking CBD, she relaxes and actually enjoys travel. I have also witnessed amazing results with frantic barking dogs suffering from separation anxiety.
2. CBD Can Treat Seizures And Epilepsy: I know so many pugs (and other breeds of dogs) suffering from seizures. Most dogs are put on strong drugs such as phenobarbital and potassium bromide. While they may help control the seizures, they can be extremely harmful to your dog’s liver and other organs. And the drugs don’t work in all cases. CBD has been working well in about 15 dogs I personally know. I am SO excited about this and hope more people will look into this option for their pets suffering from seizures.
3. CBD Increases Appetite And Helps With Nausea: For years I’ve known of cancer patients taking medical marijuana for these side effects and now CBD’s are found to also work wonderfully. So if you’re having trouble getting your pet to eat, try some CBD to help stimulate their appetite.
4. CBD is an Excellent Pain Reliever
Again, I’ve had dogs using all the mobility supplements as well as Rimadyl and other popular pain relievers but I’m so excited about how well CBD’s are working. I've seen over 20 dogs unable to walk without assistance or limping after an injury or over-exertion, bounce back like Superman after using CBD's. They work so well for pain that scientists are considering it as a new class of drug for the treatment of chronic pain. Studies show CBD to be very effective for:
5. CBD Reduces Chronic Inflammation And Autoimmune Disease. CBD has been shown to decrease the production and release of inflammatory cytokines that can cause allergies and a wide range of autoimmune conditions. It also inhibits the production of inflammatory macrophages and decreases chronic inflammation.
Choosing A High Quality CBD Oil
I’m sure you’re ready to run out and grab some of this magic CBD but I caution you to first do your research. With any product that has this kind of interest, you must be very mindful of your sourcing. Not all CBD oils are the same and with minimal regulation you must be extremely careful. Here are a few things to look for:
I imagine there are probably several excellent CBD companies, but I’m partial to TREATIBLES. While researching CBD’s, this was the brand most pet parents were using. It was also the one offered in most trusted pet stores, and the brand most vets recommended. I can see why. TREATIBLES CEO and Founder, Julianna Carella has an extensive and successful background using cannabinoids and nutrition medicinally. She uses only the highest quality, human-grade ingredients. All TREATIBLES products are sourced and made in the USA. Their treats are grain & gluten free. Most are also vegan, non-GMO and certified organic. They use medical-grade hemp which is sourced from Colorado. It has been tested and verified for its purity and potency by an outside 3rd party medical company. Recently I had the chance to work with Julianna’s incredible daughter, Dominique and I love supporting this wonderful women owned business.
If you wish to purchase products, you'll receive a 10% discount if you use discount code: WEEKLY RUNT at checkout:
I now enjoy Treatibles myself when flying (no anxiety and no hangover!🤪) and I give them to Olive all the time as a healthy snack. I hope you will try them out and keep me posted on your own results. Pugs and kisses! 😘🐾💕