By, Katy Cable/TWR/A 3 min. Read
I just love stumbling upon something truly amazing and then having the opportunity to share it with you! Well, this is one of those times! Before I introduce something to you, I first discuss the product with a number of trusted vets, pet parents and pet experts with experience using it. I then thoroughly investigate the company. I look at their sourcing, recall history, ownership, and try and dig up any dirt I can find. If I get raves on all fronts and don't find anything questionable, THEN, and only THEN do I pass it on to you.
Around the 4th of July I consult with a lot of frantic pet parents that are desperate to find relief for their pets who are terrified of fireworks. I have my arsenal of tricks that work but this year, I was ASTOUNDED at the results I saw from giving dogs CBD oil. And that was just the tip of the iceberg. It just kept getting better. Arthritic pets, pets with seizures, anxiety, psychosis, depression, end-of-life issues, trauma, even cancer and metabolic diseases were all seeing unbelievable results from CBD oil.
For those of you not familiar with what the heck that is, let me back track. The endocannabinoid system which is located in the brain and central nervous system is crucial for establishing and maintaining health. Among its many functions are regulating memory, metabolism, immunity, sleep, mood, appetite and pain sensation. CBD’s are cannabinoids which act on any imbalance in these various receptors in the body. CBD's create balance and provide support needed for relaxing, repairing, or restoring deficiencies in the body.
When I hear buzz words like “HEMP”, “MARIJUANA”, “CANNABIS”, “WEED” and “GRASS” the first thing that comes to mind is getting “high” and I get scared. I would never want to turn my little pugs into "pot-heads" and have these CBD's become the new “gateway" drugs for further excessive sleeping, binge snacking followed by opiates and heroin. I was extremely reluctant and apprehensive about using them.
Once I turned to my trusted holistic/integrated vets for some clarification, I realized I was way off base. These vets have been using CBD's successfully for some time and straightened out my misconceptions.
There are many varieties of cannabis plants with hemp and marijuana being two popular ones. These plants contain, THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) which is a "psychoactive" cannabinoid that produces the "high.” Dogs naturally have an abundance of receptors in their brains and are therefore extremely sensitive to THC. So much so that should your pet get into your stash of edibles it could make them gravely ill.
That probably puts the fear of God into you about ever giving your pet CBD’s but the CBD’s I’m referring to are NON-PSYCHOACTIVE meaning they contain NO THC. They are 100% non-toxic and safe. So, you get all the relaxation without the intoxication. Many Holistic/Integrated vets have been using CBD’s for years and now it’s becoming a mainstream health-boosting miracle worker.
HOW CBD’s CAN HELP YOU & YOUR DOG!
1. CBD Has Been Extensively Studied For Its Amazing Effect on Stress, Anxiety And Noise Phobias I couldn’t believe how great it worked with dogs that typically go off the charts ballistic on the 4th. They were calm and content. It also worked miracles on Olive. Although she has no issues with the 4th of July, car and airline travel were another story. These caused such extreme stress and anxiety she would vomit, drool and shake even after trying nearly every anti-anxiety drug and natural supplement. Now after taking CBD, she relaxes and actually enjoys travel. I have also witnessed amazing results with frantic barking dogs suffering from separation anxiety. And it’s not just for your pets. CBD’s can be a tremendous help for those suffering from panic disorders, PTSD, and anxiety. Best of all there are NO SIDE EFFECTS.
2. CBD Can Treat Seizures And Epilepsy I know so many pugs (and other breeds of dogs) suffering from seizures. Most dogs are put on strong drugs such as phenobarbital and potassium bromide. While they may help control the seizures, they can be extremely harmful to your dog’s liver and other organs. And the drugs don’t work in all cases. CBD has been working well in about 15 dogs I personally know. I am SO excited about this and hope more people will look into this option for their pets suffering from seizures. CBD’s have also been ground-breaking in treating children with drug-resistant epilepsy. 84% of the children taking CBD had a reduction in the frequency and duration of seizures.
3. CBD Increases Appetite And Helps With Nausea For years I’ve known of cancer patients taking medical marijuana for these side effects and now CBD’s are found to also work wonderfully. Not only with cancer but any toxins or drugs. So if you’re having trouble getting your pet to eat, try some CBD to help stimulate their appetite.
4. CBD is an Excellent Pain Reliever
Again, I’ve had dogs using all the mobility supplements as well as Rimadyl and other popular pain relievers but I’m so excited about how well CBD’s are working. I've seen over 20 dogs unable to walk without assistance or limping after an injury or over-exertion bounce back quickly after using CBD's. They work so well for pain that scientists are considering it as a new class of drug for the treatment of chronic pain. Studies show CBD to be very effective for:
5. CBD Reduces Chronic Inflammation And Autoimmune Disease. CBD has been shown to decrease the production and release of inflammatory cytokines that can cause allergies and a wide range of autoimmune conditions. It also inhibits the production of inflammatory macrophages and decreases chronic inflammation.
6. CBD Is A Powerful Antioxidant with natural antibiotic properties. It’s shown to be more powerful than vitamins C, D and E. CBD protects the brain from cell death caused by free radicals and toxins. It’s a great anti-aging supplement.
7. CBD Can Help With Neurodegenerative Diseases For dogs suffering from spine and nerve issues, CBD shows a lot of promise. It’s been shown to help patients with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease by protecting the brain cells from toxicity.
8. CBD Promotes Cardiovascular Health Studies show CBD can reduce the risks from damaged blood vessels. It helps dilate the arteries, correct irregular heart rates, protect blood vessels and reduce heart rate and blood pressure.
9. CBD’s Are Legal, Safe & Non-Toxic Because CBD oil for pets is derived from hemp oil and contains no THC, all 50 states have approved the use of hemp-based CBD for human and animal products. With so many studies showing the health benefits of CBD, the most encouraging result is that CBD is completely safe, even when taken in high doses and over extended periods of time. CBD is non-toxic and animals don’t appear to build up a tolerance.
AND...Perhaps Saving the Best For Last:
⭐️CBD Fights Cancer: With it’s anti-tumor effect, CBD has even been shown to stop cancer cells from growing and increased tumor cell death. This is HUGE! Cancer is the #1 threat facing our pets with 2 out of 3 dogs getting cancer in their lifetime. How exciting to have this promising new option which is affordable and doesn’t have the horrible side-effects of most conventional treatments.
Choosing A High Quality CBD Oil
I’m sure you’re ready to run out and grab some of this magic CBD but I caution you to first do your research. With any product that has this kind of interest, you must be very mindful of your sourcing. Not all CBD oils are the same and with minimal regulation you must be extremely careful. Here are a few things to look for:
I imagine there are probably several excellent CBD companies, but I’m partial to TREATIBLES. While researching CBD’s, this was the brand most pet parents were using. It was also the one offered in most trusted pet stores, and the brand most vets recommended. I can see why. TREATIBLES CEO and Founder, Julianna Carella has an extensive and successful background using cannabinoids and nutrition medicinally. She uses only the highest quality, human-grade ingredients. All TREATIBLES products are sourced and made in the USA. Their treats are grain & gluten free. Most are also vegan, non-GMO and certified organic. They use medical-grade hemp which is sourced from Colorado. It has been tested and verified for its purity and potency by an outside 3rd party company. Recently I had the chance to work with Julianna’s incredible daughter, Dominique and I love supporting this wonderful women owned business. I encourage you to visit their website and learn more.
If you wish to purchase products, you'll receive a 10% discount if you use discount code: WEEKLY RUNT at checkout. https://www.treatibles.com/
This is one holiday stocking stuffer I'm excited to give. I know pet parents will be amazed. I myself often enjoy a CBD treat with Olive to manage my own holiday anxiety and stress. I hope you will give this a try and keep me posted on your own results. Pugs and kisses! 😘🐾💕